Monday, July 20, 2009

Paranormal Experience....or perhaps a shoulder twitch

Last week....Tuesday ... I lie in bed..early morning. Justin already off to the office and the kids were nestled, all snug in their beds... I tried to sleep more as it is a rarity to snooze later than 7am these days...for whatever reason the kids slept in today... I tossed and turned trying to get the good, comfy spot..you know, when you flip the pillow to find that cold spot...put the long body pillow..a.k.a. 'sausage' in between your legs. I tried, and damn hard at that. I just couldn't sleep. So I just lay there. My back to the door. A few minutes later I felt a tapping on my left shoulder. I had my eyes closed as I was so desperately trying to catch some more zzz's with no avail. Three taps...tap, tap, tap...I assumed it was Jack..because he always does this when he wants to come and snuggle. So I continued to lay there, eyes closed. Waiting for him to hop in bed and knee me in the gut as always. There it was again... tap, tap tap...
Again..being a lazy ass I didn't turn around and get Jack in bed. I waited for him to crawl over me. Third times a charm... tap, tap tap...
ok..now...wtf???
I sat straight up and expected Jack, bright eyed and bushy tailed...nope...I leaned forward and peeked in Lily's room where they both slept peacefully.
Jesus...!?! WTF?????
My heart was pounding so loudly the neighbors could have heard. I got up and scoped out the rest of the house. Nothing.
I immediately phoned Justin and told him. Being such a skeptical person..he said it was Jack tapping and then he probably ran away after that.
Uh, no...
Unfortunately I am a ridiculously light sleeper and hear EVERYTHING....
There was no way he could have tapped me and then ran away that fast into Lily's bed. And besides, I would have heard Lily's bed squeak..(it's a Ikea bed after all....).
Saying I was terrified would be putting it lightly...I have always heard stories of other people having 'experiences' ...now I have something to contribute.
I was not asleep.
It wasn't a shoulder twitch..(Justin thought it could have been, especially since we have been working out lately)
Justin was hoping it would happen again, only this time to him.
Dear Ghost,
Please do not disturb..I really need sleep..I have a weak bladder, so if you decide to haunt me again, be prepared for a mess....however, my better half would like to sit down and have a drink with you. He would be better company than I would.
Sincerely,
Scared Shitless....

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Whoa crazy!! Haha, so I'm leaving you a comment because you told me too. And you want me to start a blog, so I'm going to. But I'm not writing about what I sent you. Bad idea. You can just read that on my computer haha. I'll let you borrow it hahahahaha. So anyway, I'm quitting work and you should too. I'm going to find you a new job so you can quit with me. Love ya dear!

Amy said...

Um, so this blog post would have been written by me AFTER my bags were packed and I was moved out!

I am a chicken!

Angela said...

Awesome! I love it when things like this happen to me (I am a ghosthunter!)

If you are very uncomfy with it tho, you can bless your home burning sage. It removes energy and you shouldn't be bothered anymore.