Friday, October 3, 2008

'Oh So Cute' Apple Pie Mini's

The weather finally changed today. Instead of having mid 90's and sweating my butt off, its about 75 and crisp and windy. Believe it or not it may rain tomorrow! Although I'll believe that when I see it.
Getting into a 'crisp weather mood' I decided to make something yummy. A desert. Aha!
Apple Pie!
But not just one big apple pie..
Little baby ones!!
And let me just tell you it will make your house smell so good and warm and cozy.

Here's the details...
*Core and peel 3 green granny smith apples.

*Cut them into small pieces and put them in a bowl.

*Put in 1/4 cup of sugar

*Sprinkle in 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon..(although I used more..like maybe 1 tablespoon..can't have too much of that!)

* Add in 2 tablespoons of flour and mix well.

*Set aside.

*Now you can either make some quick pie crust with the following
1 cup of flour
1/3 cup oil
2-3 tablespoons warm water
Dash of salt

Or..if you're feeling lazy and don't want to do that, use one of those pre-made frozen ones..thawed of course. That's what I did this time.

*Roll out crust and use a bowl to cut 4 circles and then place them in a jumbo 6 cup muffin tin.

*Equally divide the apple mixture into cups.

* With the scraps left over from the crust, cut and use for the lattice topping.

*Fill one of the empty cups with 1/4 cup of water.

*Bake at 425 degrees for about 18ish minutes or until it gets all gooey and bubbly.

The results:
The cutest apple pie you've ever seen!

7 comments:

Scary Mommy said...

Those are the cutest things EVER!! I'm a nut about anything miniature, I'll so be making those!

So glad you dropped by. Good luck with the contest--- love your blog, I'll be back!

Caroline said...

OMG! OMG! OMG! That is the best thing I have seen! I would have never thought of that in i million years! I just love you!

Anonymous said...

Great Recipe! These look perfect for the beginning of fall.

christy said...

thanks you kelly that was the best apple pie i ever had i hate apple pie but i liked you'res im gonna make that with cherries ps let me know after u go today

Amy said...

Awesome as usual. I love apple pie! :D

Prudy said...

You are right, those are the cutest little pies ever. My kids would love making those with me!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Yep, I LOVE these. I have made this a few times and hope to post soon. Individual minis are so much fun!!!!