Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New look, old recipe...

How does it look? Love it? I know, me too.
My brother-in-law is a web designer and I asked for his help with a new header...gave him a few ideas..and he gave me this..
Brilliant. I likey...
Justin had been bugging me to make salmon cakes and since I haven't any new recipes at the moment, I went ahead and did it..being the wonderful wife that I am.

*How to*
*Dump 2 cans of wild caught salmon in a large bowl.

Pick out the small bones..

*Put in about 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs

*Sprinkle in 1/2 cup Parmesan

*Dice up green onion ..tops and bottoms


*Season it up with spices..anything goes with this stuff..(I added dill, oregano, garlic, onion powder..and all purpose seasoning)


*Crack in one large egg


*Mix well and shape into small patties and fry them in skill in vegetable oil until golden brown.


**Note..do not make this if you plan on having company over later that night..because your house will smell of fish for a good 2-3 hours after your bellies are full.**


***Now while those are cooking..have your significant other make you one of these..Vodka Tonic..(the lime goes so well with this dish)***

*Dill Lime Dipping Sauce..

*Put about 1/2 cup sour cream in bowl

*Dump in alot of dill. Seriously, the more the better...


*Bring on the lime....


*Salt and pepper to taste


*Mix well



Enjoy...

10 comments:

kimamurphy said...

Wow that looks so good..!
Man how I miss Vodka Tonics : (
I can't wait to have them again!
I have tried to make these before but for some reason when the cans of salmon have skin and bones in it
I get totally grossed out and I can't make them. Like one time I got a huge bunch of fresh shrimp when we went to the beach and I was so excited to eat some. After de-veining (YUCK!!) and shelling and de-tailing I couldn't eat any at all!! I was so bummed! Have a VT for me!

Unknown said...

Kelly it looks awesome! I LOVE LOVE did I mention LOVE the new look!!!

Amy said...

I love the header. And when you get your own cooking show, I want to be invited to sit in the front row ;)

Mama2hre said...

That looks so good! I want to come to YOUR house for dinner! Yum!

Live.Love.Eat said...

NICE! And the icing the cake is the Vodka & Tonics. Oh yes. Love them!!!!!!

christy said...

looks good check out the orange and garlic chicken i made yummm

christy said...

no paste anytime call ya later

Prudy said...

Oh yum, and you're hilarious with your two cans of wild caught salmon. I love your header!

Caroline said...

I wish I was that creative! Thank God for your blog...it inspires me to try cooking :)

Anonymous said...

What ever happened to gin and tonic? Tanqueray baby! LOL

Those salmon patties look to die for. We're going to have to try your dill-lime-cream dip. That's key.