Monday, September 22, 2008

Something new....

Justin and I discovered these guys while playing Rock Band 2 the other night and we immediately order the CD..
They are fantastic....
He also ordered Forth by Verve and a Feist CD for me...
Can't wait til' they get here.
Nothing going on this week...except for a pool party with a crap load of hormonal tween boys and girls for Lily's Bday...
That's on Saturday..
Over the weekend some little boy came over here..some kid from Lily's class...
Apparently he really adores Lily..and is constantly asking her if she likes him..but he doesn't take rejection well.
He is obsessively calling..seriously..he must have called at least 15 times yesterday.
After awhile I was getting annoyed and said look..Lily is not going to come out to play anymore (he lives in the complex next door to us) and she can't talk on the phone anymore today. He says ok.
15 minutes he calls. Again.
Maybe 5 times after that too.
Once he even apologized for calling so much.
Finally that's over..
And then the phone rings..again..
Luckily it was some other girl for Lily..
Its weird to have all these kids calling here.Saturday there musta been 3 different kids calling for her.
I think her body is going through many changes now too..obviously.
The most notable one is the sleep.
Before she would go to bed around 830pm and wake at 6am..even on the weekends..
Now she goes to bed same time..and wakes at almost 10am!
I even had to check on her a few times to see if she was ok.
And she only got up at 9:45 because someone called here for her.
I am still working on this week's menu..
Its getting kinda chilly and I am sooo looking forward to fall and making stews, soups and that comfort food..ya know like pot roasts...casseroles..the stick to your bones kinda stuff. Although we really don't need that, but hey its fun, we gotta eat, and it makes the house smell good.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh no! The boys are calling already!!! I don't think I had a boy calling me until I was like 15. So crazy today...these kids grow up so fast. Gosh, good luck with that.

Kelly said...

I know..Lily thought it was a grand idea to say yes when the kid wanted her #...
I think she regrets it now..haha My parents would have kicked my ass had a boy called when I was that age...
I had to ask first to give out our #...even to girls..

Amy said...

My home phone rings more for my oldest daughter than it does for me. Sad.

Caroline said...

Good to know...I will make sure my kids don't give out numbers...gosh didn't even think of that!

Zz... said...

be sure to let me know if those cds were any good! cheers :)