Thursday, September 4, 2008

Good Times....

Wow, I haven't been in bloggy world for a long time. And for good reason too!
Justin's sister and her family came from Washington. It was so wonderful to see all of them.
Their wee one, Isabelle, is 11 hours older than Jack. Although they did argue about who was older a few times..it was funny.
We didn't do any touristy stuff..they used to live here and besides they went a few places with John's parents. (John is our brother in law and one of Justin's very good friends).
Gin and Vodka was consumed pretty much on a nightly basis and Rock Band was a huge hit! Lily and the little ones got along wonderfully. Other than a few tifts here and there..typical of 4 your old..I think everyone had a great time. My plans of kidnapping them were unsuccessful..however we are all very hopefully they will just drop everything in Washington and move back to San Diego. Yeah I know..we're greedy like that.
The night before they left was full of emotions. Lily started the crying fest unexpectedly..and of course I joined her and Rachelle also (Rachelle is Justin's sister and one of the people I heart most in this world).
I really was not expecting Lily to get so emotional. Last time they left she just said bye..and then went off to play or something. Now she is alot older and is more aware of whats going on. Its really heartbreaking.
They hopefully will be returning in the spring and perhaps then I will master my plan and force them to stay here.
After they left yesterday morning I took Lily to school and returned to an empty house. It was weird. I felt so alone even though I had Jack..it just felt so empty and I just called Justin and then wept.
I am optimistic and am looking forward for the spring..as we all are.
I will post pictures soon..I have to get a Kleenex because I am crying as I am writing this..plus I have to take Lily to school.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

im glad u had good family time its always needed christy

The Mom Jen said...

Sounds like a great visit!

Caroline said...

I had family in for the past week...so nice. I was sad to see them go. Yes, weird to go back to an empty house...but I do enjoy a bit of silence.

kimamurphy said...

Hey Kell Bell
Glad you all had a good time! I know it is sad to see them go. Hopefully they will move back soon! It will be so nice for the kids to grow up together..Unlike ours... : (
I was starting to get worried about you! But I figured you were busy having a good time entertaining. Kiss the kiddos for me..
XOXO
yer sis