Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Love your neighbor....

I love living here..it seems like just when I was out of a few things..my lovely neighbors show up and graciously hand over wonderful delights.
There is this guy..my kids refer to him as ' the ice-cream man'.(he is constantly giving the kids popsicles..like seriously my freezer is stocked with them).anyway his wife works at a small local eatery down the way and they brought me some fresh, local brown eggs...
Another neighbor had been growing organic beefsteak tomatoes in his backyard. In a previous gardening discussion I had mentioned I was bummed because I haven't had my beloved organic garden this year due to Salsa. She would have ruined it, ( I guess better that then the kids toys..haha).... So last night I received about 15 delicious, juicy organic tomatoes...

Ahhh..now if someone can get a jersey cow and milk her and bottle it up in a glass bottle and make some cheese too, we'll be all set..hahaha

The eggs and tomatoes were so good..the kids took some tomatoes last night and went outside and ate them up, still warm from the sun. Those are the best. :)

4 comments:

Caroline said...

How nice! I wish I had neighbors like that.

The Mom Jen said...

Ooh yummy, how generous!

We get cantaloupes and watermelon from our neighbor, so great for summer days!

christy said...

i am making ur cookies right now i added a little more sugar hope it works i put up the chicken fried steak

kimamurphy said...

Oh man those tomatoes totally take me back to when we were kids. We would sit on the back porch with a big ol' tomatoe and a salt shaker.
Those were the best tomoatoes ever... What nice neighbors!