Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Black Bean Burgers...

For supper tonight I wanted to make something light..and easy because I am feeling totally lazy.
So some vegetarian burgers sounded good.
Here's what I did...
*Get one can organic black beans..rinse, drain and dump in a bowl.


*Using a potato masher..(or the back of a fork could work too) mash them up


* Dice about 'ehh..half an onion or so and throw it in...

* Put in about 1/3 cup chunky mild salsa..dump in some corn..(I didn't measure so maybe it was about 1/3 - 1/2 cup?), throw in some garlic..snip in about 1/4 cup cilantro and salt and pepper..mix well..




Then add 2 egg whites and a generous handful of breadcrumbs..
Combine.



*Fry them up in a skillet for about 6 minutes..flipping once


*Get a whole wheat bun and put on some crisp lettuce..
top that with the burger..(I also melted some pepper jack cheese too). Then on the actual burger..a small dollop of salsa and on top of that add a spoonful of sour cream.


Enjoy...

The results....Justin took one bite and handed it back to me..(he just didn't like the texture I guess..plus he's a typical meat and taters guy..pft..whatever...)
Lily, well of course she liked it..I mean..its got sour cream..she would eat a shoe so long as it was smothered in cream.
Jack..well he ate about one half of a burger..
I ate all of mine..and some of Jacks..they were so good and light and healthy..well sorta anyway...
I have some mixture left over that I didn't fry..so I will make some 'veggieballs' out of it and toss it with some pasta tomorrow for lunch.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I wish I was your neighbor, 'cuz I'd love to eat over at your place... :D

Tena said...

I am so going to try these next week!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hi there! These look awesome. I love the colors. Totally something I would like to try. And my little guy is the same with the sour cream. I have to put it on every inch of his rice & beans when we go out for Mexican. Go read!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

christy said...

ok these are different but to us they are something we concoct they look good to me i will have to make them i made the cookies good ,
anytime u wanna come eat come on over,so my steak looked different then you'res did u see all the sour cream on my pot.

Anonymous said...

These look amazing! We'd love to have you come aboard Good Stuff Maynard! :)
Send me an e-mail at shannabanana {@} rocketmail {dot} com and I'll use your e-mail to send you an invitation to the blog ;)