Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Finally some food....

Friday I made a dish..we can call it..
One Pot Chicken and Corn..
* Put a large whole chicken in a big pot

*Rub it generously with spices...

*Fill up the pot with water..(almost to the top)
*Put the lid and and set it on low for a few hours ..remove when its boiling.
*When meat is tender and falling off remove chicken from pot..saving the liquid)

*Take off as much chicken as you can..(and be prepared to throw some to your kids as they are begging like little dogs at your feet)
*Put the chicken back in the pot and add some chicken broth..(enough to boil some pasta in)

*When broth comes to a boil, put in any box of pasta..about 1 lb

*Cook until pasta is al denta and the liquid mostly gone..Turn off heat.

*Add one can drained corn

*Mix well, then add about 4 pieces of cheese..(cheddar, American, whatever..) and then put the lid on for 5 minutes.

*Finally remove lid, stir and enjoy...

*Note* you can also add a can of new potatoes to this dish and it is equally delicious...
Meatloaf...

*1 1/2 lbs hamburger meat in a bowl



* put in one blended egg

*Dump in a bunch of seasoned breadcrumbs...about 2 cups or so..

*Add in a few diced veggies..I used, carrots,celery, onions and sweet green pepper.





*Few tablespoons of Worcheshire sauce

*Whatever spices look good...
*Mix well and put in a loaf pan and bake on 350 for about 45 minutes..

This turned out really good. I was making this for Justin..I normally despise meatloaf..I had made it once before and hated it.
However this recipe kicked ass. It was super good and I will definitely make it again. :)

4 comments:

kimamurphy said...

This looks good. I usually hate meatloaf too. I usually smear some ketchup on the top also. Another way you can make it is by putting it into muffin pans to make little mini meatloafs. The kids would like that too!

Kelly said...

I know..last time I used bbq sauce ontop..but this time I made some gravy to top that and the mashed potatoes..
that mini meatloaf idea is cute..I will do that next time..!

Unknown said...

OMGosh Kelly here i go licking my screen again....

Tenakim said...

yum, why, when I'm hungry and have nothing to eat!