Wednesday, September 17, 2008

On a Mission.....

I've decided to take action..
and no I'm not talking join the PTA..and no I didn't take that job as a phone sex operator...(although how rad would that be..at home doing your job..but I suppose your clients wouldn't like to hear screaming kids in the background..haha..totally kidding btw)
I've decided to take my family's health into my hands and change the way we do things...
I am the one who cooks everything..does all the grocery shopping...and I have the power and I can make the decisions..
We are on a mission to get healthy...and hopefully on this mission..a couple two, three pounds will be shed..
I haven't been cooking the most healthy of meals..obviously....just scroll back and look at all the crap I've given my little family. :(
I am going to have a different mind set...and focus on healthy eating and have the kids learn healthy habits...that's very important to me. We definitely need more whole grains and fiber in our diets... We are pretty good about not eating things with partially hydrogenated oils in them...not to mention HFCS..(high fructose corn syrup).....
I have reduced my coffee consumption to a small coffee cup size..and I have about 2 of these. Before I was tossin' back about 3 ginormous mugs of creamed filled java.
I can get this whole eating good down..its just the exercise thing that just gets me down. I have no equipment..and sometimes its too freaking hot to go walking...I have no stroller for Jack because he outgrew it..so I am at a loss..what the heck can I do?
Swim? Yeah we do that..but c'mon after awhile my hair turns dry and has a greenish/blue hue from all of the chemicals and chlorine.
Any ideas?

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Good for you! I just joined 24 hr fitness...$34.00 a month (and they have kid care if you need it). It's totally "no frills" but it has everything you need (and a darn good price)! They have a special for $99--5 personal training sessions (25 min each). It's enough time w/o being overwhelming and it get's you motivated. Hope that helps!

Also, being that it's open 24 hrs...the hubby can watch the kids when you decide to go at 2:30 AM :)