Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tex-Mex Enchilada's

For supper tonight I was going to make some chicken enchilada's. Being totally bored with that I decided to shake things up a bit and experiment.
Cooking the chicken, I seasoned it with the usual stuff..but then added some chipotle seasoning..which has a good kick to it.
When it was done, and cooled I used my handy dandy chopper and went to town on the chicken.

Then threw that in a bowl along with a 7 oz. can of chilies

Next up..I thought it would be good to add some beans..
so in went half a cup of drained and rinsed black beans..

Tomatoes were next..half cup of diced tomatoes..

For a bit of sweetness and a bit of crunch I added half cup sweet corn.
Threw in some monteray jack cheese and poof...you got yourself some kickin' chicken mix..yum-e! I bet you could use this for some awesome nachos too!

I did this this morning actually so when supper rolls around all I have to do is load up a corn tortilla.....
slap on some enchilada sauce


sprinkle some cheese

and assemble..
Totally easy..
Filled the casserole dish with as many roll ups as possible..dumped the sauce..
topped with Mexican blend cheeseanother dash of chipotle spice
and crumble the last bit of chicken mixture over top
Throw in the oven at 350 degrees for about half and hour.This was really good. Different. Spicy. Delish...

I loved the beans in it and the corn...
Next time I think I would add a can of that Mexican corn with the peppers..and maybe some Spanish rice.

7 comments:

kimamurphy said...

Wow those look good! I didn't take pics of mine, I suck! But they turned out soooo good! Chicken, can of cream of chicken soup, can of Rotel, 1 c sour cream, 3 green o's, handful of cilantro and handful of cheese, Flour Torts and throw some green sauce on top. Yummy! I will try yours next time and you try mine! I made rice and beans too. I think yours are healthier though!

Amy said...

That looks sooo good, my stomach is growling. Only thing is, my kids probably would not eat it. I'd love to try that though.

christy said...

its different but looks good you know what will make them even better cook the corn tortillas in oil slightly and then roll it makes them like silky yum.did the kids like it?

Mama2hre said...

Yum! That looks so good. I think I just found tomorrows dinner idea! Thanks! I found your blog listed on Happy Meals and Happy Hour. What a fantastic blog!

Caroline said...

This looks so good! I saw this post yesterday and bought all the goodies to make tomorrow! I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW...can you believe this...Rock band is STILL in the box in the garage! Grrrrr....I want to play this but we are missing some stupid connector and have to go out a buy it.

Zz... said...

wow you look dangerous with that chopper!

Prudy said...

Those look fabulous. I have to make my own good Mexican food, since it's never quite the same when you're not in CA. I'd love to try these. What a great blog!