Monday, September 8, 2008

Nachos, Cookies and guilt...

At Sanctuary Sunday, they were going to have a bake sale and the the proceeds would go to make the UU Church green. Fantastic..I was all over that. I decided to join in and I made..semi-organic peanut butter cookies..
*cream together 1/2 c. peanut butter and 1/2 butter

* add in 1/2 cup sugar..(I always use less than it says)

*1/2 cup brown sugar

*Mix well on medium speed for about 30 seconds

*Add one egg

*1/2 teaspoon of vanilla

*Beat until well incorporated

*Slowly add in 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour..mix well

*Now take a small amount and roll them into cute little balls . Sprinkle some sugar on a paper plate and then roll the balls through the sugar.

*place on a ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with the tines of a fork going opposite directions.

*Bake for 12 minutes and let cool on a rack

I made lots and lots of these because Lily and I would sell them at the bake sell.
Well waking up Sunday I just didn't feel like doing shit. I didn't sleep all night and I was grouchy.
I felt so guilty. I have thousands of these cookies. Ahh well. I will give some to my neighbors.
Later on I went to the store for a few things...and as if i didn't feel bad enough for not going..I ran into one of the members of the church. Aww shit...
Luckily her kid was having a monumental tantrum and she got distracted. Whew...

Chargers played yesterday. We were excited..for like 10 minutes..then it just got old. I guess I only like football season for the fact of entertaining and cooking stuff..and also another excuse to throw back some cocktails.
But this time it was just us.
Justin made some "Kick-Off Nachos"
Freaking delicious.
Here's a picture..the kids scarfed them too..(but the beers are for the grown ups!)

7 comments:

Elissa L. said...

ohh those cookies look delicious!

Caroline said...

Oh how cute you guys are! Um...could you send me those cookies...they look wicked awesome!!!

Amy said...

Girl you look great in your pic. I know how you feel though. I hate to be on the 'other' side of the camera too :)

Tena said...

the cookies and nacho's have left me with a very strong craving!! LOL
Cute picture of you and your Dh

Unknown said...

awwww you and the hubster are adorable! and ummm can you let me borrow him cuz dayummm those nachos look GOOD! what did he use meat? beans? I gotta know

Unknown said...

Thanksfor letting me know how he makes dem der nachos...gawd kelly i seriously lick my screen every time i come here....well at least i dont put the LB's on that way!

Zz... said...

nice to put a face to you- I share your sentiments re photos of self...but don't worry you are very photogenic :)

p.s the potato "hash" looks very appetizing right now-is "hash" a salad? I think of hashbrowns- we don't have that word here unless you're talking "herbal substance" LOL