Friday, September 5, 2008

BBQ Chicken Sliders...

I thought this sounded good..and it's always a plus when you have all the stuff on hand!

* Cook a bunch of chicken thighs(seasoned with garlic, pepper,onion powder and whatever else sounds good) in the crock pot for a few hours.

*Waiting is the hardest part..it smells so darn good!



*Remove the chicken from pot (there will be tons of liquid inside so ditch that) Shred up the chicken with 2 forks.



*Place chicken back in crock and dump about 1/2 bottle of BBQ sauce..(I happened to have Claim Jumper Brand..which is soooo good, but any brand will do the trick). Cook for another half hour on low.



*Meantime slice up some red onion and shred some iceberg lettuce.

*Chow Time!!!

*Get some whole wheat dinner rolls and slice them in half..dig out a small whole in the top part of the roll. Pile in as much BBQ chicken in there...on the other half put a nice dollop of BBQ sauce..a few onions and lettuce .
Enjoy...

3 comments:

Caroline said...

OK...great pic of your son! I wish I could reach into my computer and grab those sliders! I am so hungry right now...yikes it's 5:30 and I have no idea whats for dinner! I hate when I do this...

Live.Love.Eat said...

Oh yum! I have a recipe like this on my sidebar waiting to be made. I love your idea of cutting a little hole in the top of the bun to make more room for the chicken. Very cool. I think I will combine a little of this recipe with the other. Thanks for stopping by Kelly!

And great pic of the little guy. I have a similar one with the same hat!!!!

Patty Young said...

HI!! Your blog has just been added to the Cook It. Blog It! blogroll. Thanks so much for joining! Happy cooking!!

patty