Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Day

We had our Valentines Day on Friday actually. My friend watch the kids Friday and then I watched her daughter Saturday. I didn't want to go anywhere. I wanted to stay home..warm and cozy and just cook and have a cocktail or two.
Its funny when we are alone. I feel like I don't know how to act without the kids here. Its been so long since its been just us. This year I was doing stuff for Justin. I bought some steaks and some veggies to grill...We were going to have some salad..but we decided not too. I even made him a homemade organic carrot cake in a heart shape and some home made chocolates..heart shaped of course. I scoured a few stores to find him a few beers. I like picking out single beers for him. Its kinda fun..This is what I picked out....

Here are a few steps of the cake..I forgot to start photographing it from the beginning And of course the candy.


We played some board games and drank some Whiskey..
We even had enough time for me to belt out some No Doubt on Rock Band2..that was great.
The kids came home around 830pm and we tucked them away in bed.
We really need more of dates like this. :)

2 comments:

Finla said...

Yeah i know when my daughter was younger it was like there is not time at all.
Looks like you had a wonderful time.

christy said...

hey lady how are u? i havent been on here forever