Thursday, February 21, 2008

Adventures with a Greyhound

Things have been quite stressful and chaotic since Salsa joined us. This potty training has been a pain in the ass. After a few unpleasant 'accidents' I think we have it down. *fingers crossed* She is on a schedule..greyhounds thrive on consistancy..just like children.
We pretty much have to babyproof the house..again. She already tried to eat a helicopter, a few hot wheels, and I found the remnents of a purple crayon in her doggie bed. Thank goodness they are non-toxic.
Also learned Salsa is a horder..,packrat...and thief! She ran into Lilys room yesterday upon her returning from school and quickly snagged a monkey and ran back to her bed and went to town with it. Then this morning she stole an umbrella and a little butterfly. Its so funny. And to watch this 60lb canine run crazy in your apartment at 630 in the morning is quite amusing. I make sure Jack is out of her way, because this muscle dog will barrel him over, lickety-split. His safe zone is on the couch and/or loveseat. That is a major no-no for her. Those are my new sofas and I won't have doggie up there. I taught her to lay down and speak. Its fun. Apparently I am the 'pack-leader' (according to Ceasar..a.k.a the dog whisperer). I think its my high-pitched voice she loves..You know that voice we all get with puppies and babies. Yeah, thats the one.
In other news..we are still rocking it with Rock Band..we have our own jet and a sound guy..awesome. My voice has been on somewhat of a hiatus do to a slight cold..but apparently that helped me sing Epic by Faith No More and pass. Whew..that is the hardest song on there..the nightmare song. Lily loves to sing Blink 182 'All The Small Things'..and Garbage..'Paranoid'
My favorites are Yeah Yeah Yeah's 'Maps..and Black Sabbath 'Paranoid' Oh also Weezer's 'Buddy Holly' .
Anyway..off to feed sonny boy and let the dog out to pee!

1 comment:

B said...

Fun doggy hijinks! I hope the potty training goes better than it did with the stupid beagle we attempted to adopt. i'm sure it will.

LOVE epic by faith no more....and buddy holly is a fave too. glad to see you guys are rockin' on.