Thursday, February 28, 2008

Things that make me all fuzzy inside..

Ok maybe not necessarily fuzzy, just very pleased. First off there is this.. it is a recipe called Combat Steaks and it was yummy. Its a mixture of blue and feta cheese melted over sauteed mushrooms and garlic that was smothered over some killer steak. I was suppose to use red wine in the mix..but low and behold we have none at the moment so we went without.
Moving on...
I have been wanting a new coffee table and a new dinette set for ever. The dinette set was so old. I was freshly preggo with Lily when we got that. And the coffee table..well it was just ok..I had spilled nail polish remover on it and it ate away at the finish. Not to mention had glass that constantly needed to be cleaned..you know, with the kids and now a wet nose sniffing everything, I was cleaning that thing 3x daily!
Tuesday we went to the furniture store and dude, Jerome's hooked us up! Ever see the commercial for 'the vegas'? We bought that..and then a table and also a new t.v. console. Technically speaking there was nothing wrong with the one we had..just some light colored wood thingy from Ikea, its just now..it stood out even more because everything else we have is that beautiful dark, cherry wood. So needless to say..I am done with furniture updating. Here are the pictures..we are waiting for the TV thing because it wasn't stocked..it will be delivered in 3 weeks. I am totally obsessed with the furniture..reminding kids to be oh so carefully around my newly prized possessions. And looks like I need to by pledge.
Next up its some awesome kabobs that I made tonight. I soaked all the veggies in a dressing and threw in tons of other herbs and marinated them all day. It was the best damn dinner I had in a long time! I made steamed broccoli and fried rice to accompany those tasty jewels. Of course there was steak on the kabob's also. I wish the kiddos would eat the veggies (that's why I made the broccoli, at least they would eat that).
Anywho, I am stuffed, happy with our purchases and enjoying my second beer. Ahhh..life is good. Not to mention Lost is on tonight and Idol results!

1 comment:

B said...

pretty furniture! :)

the kabobs looks so good. i love kabobs. mmmmmmm. and the steak sounds great too!