Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Biscuit Calzones...

I decided to make home-made calzones the other day. Sausage and cheese was the filling. But to make it a little different I used those rolls of biscuits instead of pizza crust..I thought they would puff up and get golden. Perfect for a calzone.
I mixed some cooked sausage with ricotta cheese, mozarella, parmesean and fresh flat leaf parlsey, two eggs and a crap load of seasonings..can't remember what I threw in there. They turned out ok. The filling was awesome..but it kinda clashed with the biscuit taste..oh well, they were still good, I was just in the mood to be adventuresome. Next time I will definetly use pizza crust. After they cooked I sprinkled shredded parmesan and some more herbs. They looked pretty. :) We dipped them in some tasty marinara sauce.
Here is the filling:
This is where I rolled out the biscuits:
Stuffing the bad boys:

Ready to cook:The finished product:

1 comment:

B said...

those look super yummy! mmmmm.