Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Bored...

Today was so totally boring. We didn't do anything except go to the market for a few things. That lasted a whole whopping 20 minutes. I am the type of person that wants to be busy, be on the go, I guess thats because I am home. ALL THE TIME.
I thought about joining another 'group' but the last time I did that I felt weird. Because there is no happy medium per-say.
I don't fit in with the raw-vegan-natural-organic everything group, but also don't fit in with the 'I don't care what my kids eat or do and frankly don't give a shit' group either. I did join a homeschool group last summer which was cool, except for the fact the moderator told me not to mention I am not a Christian to any of the other mommys. Ok..um..obviously red flags went up and I said adios to that.
Sigh...I am in dire need of adult interaction. And all the friends I have (which is a huge number... 2) are working full time and aren't home during the day.
If I have to hear Lily's Kids Bop or Jesse freaking McCarthy one more time....
at least she likes Jack Johnson..she snagged that cd from me last week.
We are so bored. I don't have a car. And, we've already been to the places that are in walking distance..none of which are fun for kids...except for the ghetto park 20 minutes away, which you pratically have to step over the homeless folk to get to the monkeybars.
Maybe we should hop on the buses and see where we end up...
now that would be an adventure.

1 comment:

B said...

have you tried meetup.com? i'm assuming that's where you've been looking. i found a good group on there that i assist in organizing. there has to just be a normal group in your area...hmmm. i've made some real friends through mine (only friends HAHA). but i also joined one before that was bad news. i got kicked out but it was for the best. hope that helps. it'll get better soon.