Saturday, June 9, 2007

Random musings....

Things have been pretty busy around here.. we painted Jack's room a color called 'zesty lime' its great. A citrus,bright green, looks great in contrast with his bedding which is dark blue w/ planets. Lily's room is next and it will be 'vintage violet'.
Our tomatoes are growing so fast and getting huge1 last count was 45 cherry and 5 beefsteak! This evening we are going to pick some of the cherry tomatoes and munch away. Lily's last day of school is Thursday. They are having a party and I think Jack and I will go to this one. I volunteered to bring some goodies which will be 2 bags of Pirate Booty(Jack's fav) and some Newman O's..a more healthy,organic alternative to Oreo's.

I took the kids to school yesterday and on the way home I decided to stop in this barber shop and have them give it a go with Jack's hair. He has great red curls, but it was getting alittle outta hand..even gel and hairspray couldn't contain those locks! It was very cute yes, but since summer is approaching I thought it would be much cooler on his wee little head. He was such a wiggle worm, he was terrified of all the old Italian men there hovering over him and bribing him w/ candy. It turned out great. I don't see how they do that with out cutting themselves or messing up the haircut. It is a very short cut..he looks so much older, like a little dude, a marine even! I will post pictures soon.
We bought a new computer and I don't know how to get the pictures downloaded as of yet! No one is allowed to touch his 'new do' either, he will get mad and say 'don't touch, you'll mess up my hair!'

In other news, Jack is finally potty trained! He was such a stubborn boy about this, I thought he would be 4 and be in a diaper. He was way harder than Lily was. She was done in a week. the beginning of the week, he just decided to start telling me he had to go potty. He even stayed dry over night the other night, I still put him in a pull up just in case. He even was doing the pee pee dance when he had to go a few days ago. They have BuzzLight Year and Woody on them, (which is his current favorite)

Today Justin and I are getting some alone time. Lina is watching the children and we are going to lunch and a movie! Thank goodness! We need a break. Tomrrow , off to the farm where they have a huge chemical free garden full of seasonal goods, now its strawberriess. We did it last year and they were the best strawberries...EVER!



No comments: