Friday, June 1, 2007

Damn Ankle

A few years back I broke my right ankle, it was the most insanely painful experience..(right up there with being sliced opened and having 2 babies removed). It took awhile to heal, but it did, slowly. No problems.
Wednesday I went to yoga class and and it started to ache, then 20 minutes later it was pulsating and hurting like hell. I stuck it out for 45 minutes, then in between asanas I had to motion to my instructor that I had to leave the room as I couldn't tolerate the pain anymore. I feel like a complete failure. I was doing so good with the yoga, I didn't even get dizzy or feel light -headed and did not even have to take a break. (the first class I had to sit in savasana like 8 times!) I went to the locker room and just sobbed. So disappointed that I couldn't just suck it up and deal with it and focus and get past the pain. The one time I found (w/ Cryssy's help) something for me, something that made me feel amazing I can no longer do. Disappointment is putting it lightly. Justin said maybe there is another type of yoga I could do, but most if not all yoga is about focus/balance/strength/ I can't balance let alone focus with a lame ankle.I really liked this yoga. The second time in class I wasn't bothered by the 110 degree atmosphere we were in. ( I thought it was 105, but I was corrected by the instructor that is was indeed 110).
I feel like my body is just crumbling to pieces..I am deathly afraid that my ankle will break again. I guess I need some extra calcium and perhaps some glucosomine w/ condroitin..but I think the latter is for joints..
Sigh...now what..??? I need a brace for my ankle but I don't want to be dependent on it. It hurts in the middle on the night, it hurts (not all the time) when just walking around the house. Damn ankle...

No comments: