Friday, March 21, 2008

My little humanitarian....

Today I went to the market to get some items for a few recipes and some juice for Jack..he has a slight cold and was asking for OJ. As we were walking there Lily noticed that a man had asked me for some money and I told him no, sorry. Lily was bit irritated..saying I lied that I did have money and why I didn't give it to him. I told her..if I gave him money, more than likely he would use it for booze and that would only make him feel good temporarily.Honestly I don't blame him..I mean if I was living on the corner with no where to turn I would be loaded 24/7... What he really needed is shelter and food.
Meanwhile we're at the store and I get the necessary ingredients for some meals and Lily goes and grabs a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos..I told her to put them back we don't need that, plus I had just bought Sun Chips at Target yesterday. Begging and begging..I caved and said whatever... She seemed pleased and was anxious to leave.
Walking home we went past the same man in the corner..dirty, cold, and obviously on some sort of something..(he was clearly trippin', talking to himself and making weird hand signals, that or he was crazy) anywho, Lily runs ahead of me to that gentleman and hands him her beloved bag or Doritos. "Here you go sir, some chips for you"
My heart swelled with compassion..I was so happy that she did that.
She told me she felt good and she was all smiles for the rest of the walk home.

1 comment:

B said...

Awww! So nice!

And cool ranch is the best ever! I mean, totally great for when you're tripping...or crazy LOL