Saturday, March 22, 2008

She was a skater girl....

OK all the sudden Lily has entered what I assume to be another phase. Or maybe not. Out of no where she wanted a skateboard. And begged and begged..She found the 'lucky' egg at the Easter thingy the other day and there was some cash in there. She had already had some money stashed in her bank too.
When I was fixing her hair the other day, she asked me to paint her nails black or green..which mind you I have no problem doing, but she was about to leave so I said no..they wouldn't be dry in time. Then when I was putting her hair up she asked and I quote"Mom, make my hair look all punk and rocked-out" Ha ha what! That's so funny.
We went to Target for some stuff and she found a skateboard..its a normal size board..looks like some graffiti on the bottom, its pretty cool, basic, but it'll do the job,. It was only $10 and then she bought knee pads and some elbow pads too.
She LOVES it. She wants to learn all kinds of tricks and shes wanting to go to the skate park down the street and watch all the skater boys. Awesome..I think its great that she is expressing herself as an individual and not caring what others think..skater chicks rock!
Apparently I need to do a search and find out where the closest skate shop is, she wants some cool stickers for her board.
In other news..I made the best ever beef stew last night..thumbs up from the whole crew. Move over Dinty Moore!

We did rock band last night..Jack is learning the drums. We need to get another guitar so he can start rockin' out with us!
I think we are doing birthday activities today, my bday is Wednesday so we may have some fun over the weekend. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

B said...

OH OH OH happy bday! :-D

And skater chicks do rock...plus the boys are so cute :-D Not that you want her thinking about that, necessarily LOL

Tell her she should do her nails black AND green...she can alternate them.

And yay for little drummers!

Plus the stew looks WONDERFUL.

In other news, I quit my play group. HA! yay for me. Liberation at last!