Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Weekend Festivities

This past weekend we went to Seaport Village..it was a amazingly beautiful day..about 85 degrees. We watched the boats, saw the Midway and photographed the kids frolicking in the grass and climbing every tree.
On Easter I did a egg hunt in the front yard with my upstairs neighbor. I was pleased that she invited us,we don't really do anything for Easter..we are not religious and aren't huge fans of telling our kids a giant rabbit comes in the house and leaves a shitload of candy for them. I think this year will be the last time we buy them anything. I did get them some little retro pails and but a few 'goodies' in there..and they went in the morning and was happy the 'bunny' came. But I think Lily knows we do it now and Jack really has no clue. Next year we will just celebrate Spring, by doing something outdoors (if weather permits of course) like going hiking or having a picnic or something along those lines.

Despite having a wicked headache, I managed to make some spinach lasagna. It turned out pretty good. Lily set the table and made place cards for everyone..I thought that was so cute.

Today is my birthday and when I woke Lily had given me the most beautiful card. Last night when Justin came home he gave me gifts a little early..which was totally fine by me. On his lunch break he went to Macy's and got me a gift set of my favorite perfume..Beautiful by Este Lauder it had shower gel, lotion the spray and body powder..and inside the gift box was a Starbucks gift card!!
Oh yeah... :)
Today after hubby gets home we are heading out to shop for new bedding for our bed. I want something dark, rich and oh so soft.
Later tonight the neighbor is making me a batch of margaritas..
Can't wait!










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly
Hope you have a happy bday and enjoy your Rita's!

yer sis

B said...

OH starbucks gift card -- i'm so jealous. jealous of the margaritas too LOL

i know what you mean about the Easter thing. Although we are religious, and I like egg hunts, I think the idea of the Easter bunny is a bit ridiculous. I mean, can't the egg hunts still be fun if they know it's mom and dad? i dunno. whatever.

hey -- quit question -- do you saute the spinach before you put it in the lasagna? i ask because i made some veggie lasagna the other day with fresh baby spinach and i didn't saute it thinking it would get soft on it's own -- but it didn't really. so i was just wondering. thanks! :)

B said...

Cooking it first makes sense in hindsight, but raw sounded okay at first lol