Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday and stuff...

We took the kids to the zoo again today. We brought along Lily's friend too. The first time we went we saw one half of the zoo. Its so nice to have passes, then you don't feel so rushed to see everything all at once. This time we headed over to the Children's Zoo ..it was fun. We went into the 'Bug House' and 'The Petting Zoo'.. There was some random peacock wondering about and Lily was so excited she insisted on chasing it just to touch its feathers.
The bug house was...uh..unpleasant for some..you know...the ones that loathe anything creepy crawly...
Seeing some of the exotic bugs and strange insects was cool...for awhile...but Jack was very antsy..(no pun intended!) and needed to high tail it outta there. Fine by me. Fun was had by all.
The only part I really didn't like was seeing the Galapagos Island tortoises...they were awake and slooowly walking around. And you could hear their skin crinkling..because it was so dry..reminded me of my own. Blah..I have wicked dry skin and believe me I have tried every lotion and potion..and yes I drink ton s of water, so hydration is not an issue. So far the only thing that remotely gives any relief is Eucerin. I am still and always will be on the search for a kick ass cream that helps my poor skin.I am only 30 and I don't want to have 80 year old looking hands..so if anyone knows of any miracle cream please do tell. Oh yes..and I have tried Miracle Foot (you've seen the infomercial, right?) don't bother, doesn't do diddly. Justin bought that for me. Don't waste your $.
God, enough of talk about that crap...sheesh..I guess I was kinda going off on a tangent..but c'mon cut me some slack..I am enjoying a few cocktails and everyone is in bed so yay me!! Alone time!!!!
I made Chicken Cordon Bleu the other day but sadly forgot the photo the end result. I wonder what I should cook this week?
Well I should go relax and get me off this here lit up screen and enjoy some peace..and boy do I need it.
I think I will watch a movie..all by myself..with a nightcap and no distractions...hmm.. what should I watch? Maybe Holy Smoke or Ghost World.. or one of these.. Decisions, decisions..
Ciao!

2 comments:

B said...

oh Ghost World! that movie rocks :)

the skin on my hands is so dry too! do you use the vaseline-like eucerin? i have some left over from when adrien was younger and i guess it works, but then my hands feel greasy -- which i HATE! can't they come out with a lotion that works every now and then? sheesh! so i totally feel ya on the 80 year old skin.

the zoo looks like it was fun! i wouldn't have been able to handle the bugs either though.

B said...

my email address is bryanyd@hotmail.com

i think i sent you an email a month or two back and i never got a response. is yours still the cox one?