Saturday, April 5, 2008

Saturday Night Stillness

Tonight we watched Sweeny Todd..well the first 20 minutes or so of it. I guess Justin and I are not huge fans of musicals. We were trying really hard to enjoy it, but not our cup of tea.
Its so quiet now, everyone went to bed early tonight. Its nice to have some down time alone. I should be tidying up..but I think I would rather have some tea and finish some knitting.
I really need to make time for some much needed reading. I still have 2 books that I want to finish..
The Art Of Simple Food.. and Home Safe Home..the second book I mentioned is really interesting but god after reading just a little bit, it makes you so freaking paranoid of every little thing. I mean we try to live green and simply, but I am not going to make myself crazy worrying over everything. According to that book...EVERYTHING is toxic...sheesh I think all the stress of being paranoid and worrying would do much more harm than some weird ingredient in some mass produced hand soap...
Anyway,, tomorrow we are going to Jerome's to pick out a new TV stand. We bought one awhile back but it wasn't in stock..and it won't be until the end of May, so we are going to change our order and get something else and have it delivered Monday. Then we'll probably head to the park with the kids and Salsa in tow. Jack got a new mit and ball at Target yesterday and Lily loves to play 'birdie' (which is what she calls bad mitten).
I think I will make herbed chicken tomorrow. I just bought some fresh organic asparagus too. Justin wanted me to make clam chowder, but the smell makes me want to hurl, so he'll just have to wait. Its tasty and all but the fish aroma is so overpowering. Not to mention it lingers in the house days after..even if every window in the house is open.
Well I think I will go and work on my scarf...if I want to get it done by winter....!

1 comment:

B said...

lol you sound about like me with your knitting. remember all the scarves i was going to make for christmas this past year? maybe ONE will be done for christmas this year haha.

and i saw the best looking chowder on diners, drive ins and dives the other day. it was broth based! amazing! that does sound good. mmm.

and i'm a bit worried about sweeney todd too. we have it and haven't watched it yet. we both love johnny depp, but i'm not too keen on musicals. we'll see.

glad you decided to blog again! i missed ya!