Thursday, April 24, 2008

I heart Thursday

I love Thursdays. Especially today. Lost is all new tonight, not to mention Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy. I won't let Jack nap today,(I mean I won't put him down, if he falls asleep at his on will, well Se la vie!) that way he falls asleep early tonight. Justin and I can have some quality TV viewing time, haha.
I may go back to the market, I forgot to get some lavender and cheesecloth. I like to make little herbal bath soaks. I cut a piece of the unbleached cheesecloth and fill it with lavender, oats and powdered buttermilk. Then all you do is wad it up in a ball and tie a string to close it up, with the other end of the string you tie it to you bathtub facet and run the water.... poof, relaxing herbal soak. :)
The kids and I got alot of veggies last night at the market..kale, asparagus, broccoli, mushrooms, peppers, etc. I still have the spaghetti squash too, although Jack and I are the only ones who like that. Lily hates it and Justin won't go near it.
We were all out of apples. I always buy organic apples, that is the one thing my kids have everyday, and sometimes a few a day. The last time I bought a 3lb bag they were $3.99. That was fine I aways buy2 bags. Then a month ago, the price went up to $4.99. Ouch! Still bought them.
Last night i told Lily to get 2 bags of organic apples and I glanced down at the price..still 3lbs..and they are now $5.99! Oh c'mon. I did get two bags, but that is utterly ridiculous!
I try to buy mostly organic for my little family but it is getting so expensive. I would probably save alot more money if I just make a vegetable cleaner, just like Julia Roberts did on the Oprah show that aired on Earth Day. But what about the meats? Last night whenIwas at the meat counter I was looking at organic chicken breasts. They had a few packs left and there was 2 in a pack..for 11 freaking dollars!
I ended up buying four packs of chicken breast tenders for $3 each. Apparently eating organic is only for the wealthy. And many of the people who do have lots of money could give a crap about what food goes in their body, not to mention and environmental issues. Sigh..maybe I should just become a Freegan.
This weekend should be pretty busy. Lily was invited to a sleepover, then Saturday Justin's sister is back in town,ya!! She's over for a visit. Then Lily was invited to another friends house on Sunday. And we are suppose to have a pot luck with my tenants at the pool that day..so we'll see. I also wanted to squeeze in some strawberry picking at the chemical free garden. We did that awhile back when Lily was homeschooling and those were the best berries we ever had. Still warm from the sun, they were juicy,sweet and delicious!
I am thinking about going back to the Bikram studio. I have been to a few classes and I love it. So maybe next week. After a class I feel like I have done a complete detox because I have sweat at least 2 gallons! ha ha After the first session I swear I lost 5 lbs!
Things are going good, I feel happy. I have talked to a cousin through email that I haven't seen nor spoke to since we were children, and that's exciting getting to know her.
Justin's other sister and her family may come for a visit from Washington this summer. hopefully it all works out (fingers crossed!) We miss them terribly!
I am off to figure out the weekly menu.. I may try to attempt bread..again, but as you can see here, I am no baker!

No comments: