Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday..


























Random stuff....
Lily came home today in tears and just wept in my arms..I wasn't sure what was wrong because she didn't want to talk. Finally after what seemed like forever, she told me Nancy, her best friend, moved and today was her last day. :(
So sad..Lily said there is only 4 other girls in her class now. None of which she is too fond of. But she did get Nancy's number and she will be coming to Lily's birthday bash.
It seems like forever since I posted anything about food and/or cooking. I have been incredibly lazy as of late..not cooking at all. I have been incessantly scratching myself instead. Today we decided to have a salad. I had everything on hand already, so no last minute trips to the market, thank goodness. I sent Lily and Jack out back to harvest all of our organic sweet cherry tomatoes. They were excited to do that and proud of the loot they got.I had already some heirloom ones as well. Blue cheese, scallions, seasoned grilled chicken and hard boiled egg, throw in two types of lettuce..some shredded aged shard cheddar and poof...dinner. Pretty tasty.
I did make a trip to the market later in the evening with the kids to get a few ingredients for some home-made ice-cream. I needed some eggs, and heavy whipping cream. I also bought some organic Newman O's (I was planning to make cookies and cream). It turned out pretty good. The kids loved it, and I took some to my neighbors..It was the talk of the evening..haha they too enjoyed it. So much fresher and better tasting than store bought stuff..if I may humbly say so.
Tomorrow we are getting the kids Halloween costume. I know its way early, but I am such a compulsive planner..and besides, I want to go when the costumes aren't sold out. Lily is going to be a corpes bride..and Jack..well he's not sure..either a fireman or something creepy with spiderwebs is what the little guy wants. I am not sure if I will dress up..I may be a pregnant nun..a friend of mine has that costume..or I could be a Geisha again..I have that. Justin is going to be the mad scientist..again...I am so sick of that. Oh well..saves money since hes got all the necessary items. Later in the afternoon tomorrow my friend is watching the kids..Justin and I are going to go shopping for Lily's birthday and maybe grab a bite to eat, I already bought her 2 Cd's (Gwen Stefani..and Ashley Tisdale) and 2 pairs of shoes, air -walks she has been wanting and some other little black ones. Lily said tonight that she wants me to make home-made ice-cream for her party. Yeah! I am excited for that. She's having 8 girls and one boy (neighbor) at her shin dig..which is Hannah Montana themed..
She is so excited. :)
Off to bed..well not really, I am going to watch 20/20..Micheal Moore is going to be on there discussing health care in America and the like..and I want to watch that.










Sweet Dreams...

3 comments:

B said...

hey chicky, i'm back!

will blog soon, and thoroughly catch up on your entries.

Rantings by a Middle Aged Drama Queen said...

Man that salad looks good!

B said...

who can resist michael moore, anyway.

have you watched his new one sicko? i haven't gotten to yet.