Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Little Fibber..

Today I took advantage of the wonderful weather..it was only 91 degrees..woohoo! So instead of lying around and pushing hot wheels across the kitchen floor with Jack..I had energy to clean house. When it is a million degrees outside I can barely muster up energy to to cook, let alone clean. And having the house closed up for several days because of the air conditioner, I feel like I am suffocating and need ventilation..fresh air. So I started in the living room and then to the kitchen. I noticed some hot pink crayon mark all over the bottom half of the fridge. Hmmm..Jack was coloring yesterday...so I go over to where he is playing and casually ask if he did this on the fridge. He stops what he is doing and comes over and glances at the scribbles..then proceeds to look up at me, bat his eyes and politely say "Oh no Mommy, I didn't do that, Luna did that." Lol..Then I told him cats don't use crayons..(well maybe they do, but I hope ours never learn), then he says matter-of fact-like.."You're right, it was Lily who did that." His first lie..at only 3..wonderful....

2 comments:

B said...

oh goodness...how soon it starts! lol

Rantings by a Middle Aged Drama Queen said...

:) glad yours made it to 3! My 10 year old lies so much I don't think he CAN telol the truth!