Friday, September 21, 2007

Everything Zen...at least for now...

I woke up feeling crappy this morning..not sure why. My boss was over for a little while looking at one of my vacant apartments..and when she was done I gave her the cat box I had and the rest of the litter I had too. I didn't need it anymore. An hour later I was sitting w/ Jack while he munched on one of his early morning snacks..today it was goldfish and juice. And then it happened. I just sat there and bawled. I was completely consumed with guilt and remorse about ever sending my girls to Petco to be adopted. So what they caused trouble, that's what kittens do. So...I called Petco and inquired about the cats, wondering if they were still there. Luna~ she was gone..been gone for awhile, Zelda however..she was there. They said adoptions were on Saturday. I called Justin at work and cried for like 10 minutes.
Sigh..
Ok, I want her back. I felt like shit..number one for doing it in the first place, number two, her sister is gone, number three, I couldn't bare the thought anymore of her stuck in that insanely small cage..wasting away.
I called Petco back..it was $100 to adopt her. That's fine. They made a few calls and they said I could get her..today!
Jack in tow, we headed to the store to get Zelda back. I had to buy food, another scratching post and get my manager to bring my cat box back over.
Here we are, home and I feel good that she is home where she belongs. Sad, however, because of Luna..as soon as Zelda came in she went to every room meowing..and looking for sis. :(
It has been a few hours and she is one happy kitty. She's purring and meowing and back on me kneading away at my clothes. Contentment..for both of us.
While she was there, she was spayed,de-wormed and given some shots, not to mention tested for FELV..(feline leukemia)
All is well.
Oh yeah, update on my skin issues..(I know how exciting for you)
I phoned yesterday bitching that no doctor has called me back about looking over my chart. They said a doctor did however look over my chart but forgot to call me (how convenient).This particular doctor would not give me the referral and said to be seen by another doctor! WTF!?!
Remember my doctor was out on holiday so his head nurse promised he would look over my chart again(he returned from holiday today,Friday)..so this morning she called me back and he agreed to send me to a dermatologist! Woo hoo! Unfortunately, it takes 3-5 working days to get the referral..so i can't even call to make the appointment until like Wednesday or Thursday next week. Sigh..
Oh well...this stuff isn't letting up, so I will have to wait. I am super glad I can go. I looked up a Holistic Dr. in my area and the office visit is $110. Yikes..
I will end up doing that if the derm can't help me.
Blah..enough about that.
I wrapped most of Lily's bday gifts this morning. I hope she likes everything.
I promise I will start to blog about more interesting things..but all that has been happening lately is the skin stuff. Justin even started itching last night..I think he was having sympathy itching though...sweet guy! haha

2 comments:

B said...

sorry the doc's office is so slow and "forgetful"...

sorry i haven't been around much lately. busy. sick. busy and sick. ya know.

how's it going with zelda? still glad you went and got her back? lol

B said...

hope everything's alright. i'll shoot you an email later :)

long time no blog :(