Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Rockin' Roast..

So I wanted to make a stick to yer' bones kinda meal since its all chilly. normally when I make pot roast it sucks so bad..dry is putting it lightly.
Not this roast..
This dinner rocked!
I bought 'rump roast' and put it in a roaster w/ Granny speckles..(you know the blue/black cookware w/ white specks all over it), seasoned the bad boy up and out sliced onions over it. Then I put about 1 1/2 cans of cream of mushroom soup over it and filled up one of those cans with water and dumped it over it too. In the over at 350 degrees for about 2-ish hours.
I steamed up some carrots and broccoli to go along side. I have never used cream of whatever..before. This was the best ever. I am so making this again. And so easy too. I am not using my crockpot for that anymore. Tomorrow I am roasting whole fryer chickens in there with rosemary and tarragon..then make some herbed new potatoes. I love it when i already plan out my menus..I was writing them down in this pagan/wiccan daily calendar thingy..but stopped for whatever reason. I am getting back on track now. Cheers!

3 comments:

B said...

sounds yummy. i'll have to try the cream of whatever to go along with it.

if you want a surefire tender crock pot pot roast recipe though, let me know. i got it goin' on. :)

B said...

hey, the newland household is havin' kelly's rockin' roast (with a twist of b) for dinner tonight.

i'll let you know how it turns out! :)

B said...

aw. the roast sucked. but it wasn't the recipe...the gravy and veggies were great! i just got gyped at the grocery store and my cut of meat sucked ass. it was like shoe leather. i was sold as "pot roast" and it was discounted in a multi pac. i should have known. too bad it came in a package of two -- now i have one more shoe leather roast. i guess i can use it as dog food.

oh well, as soon as i get some good meat, i'm going to try the recipe again.