Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Karate Kid...




Lily started Karate class yesterday and she was so excited. She tried Tae Kwon Doe in kindergarten but she didn't follow through..(due to her fashion sense..she didn't like the way she looked in her Gi..(pronounced ghee) aka her outfit. ) I think she is way more mature now to worry about such trite issues as that..although she still has more fashion sense then me!
There were about 15 or so kids in the class..it was totally disorganized and chaotic..there were 2 sensei's(masters) and they were completely clueless as to how to get these children in line. Hopefully next class will be better and not so crazy. At the end of the class, Lily's sensei broke a wood board with his hand..the kids were thrilled. Towards the end of the class there will be competitions and then Lily will get to graduate to the next color belt ..which is..err.. yellow maybe. I have no idea.
Not much going on here..oh yeah so I went to the dr. Thursday of last week..the doc had no clue what my eczema is from..he ordered a boatload of lab tests..(all of which came back fine) he wrote a script for some sort of prednisone,a antihistamine, and some cortisone which I didn't buy because I have that at home. So far I have taken 2 antihistamine's..because I was insanely itchy. I am not taken the pred. You know the papers that come with the Rx that the pharmacists gives you, you know with all the warnings? Well this particular steroid says 'This medicine makes you more susceptible to illness' and on the paper for the cortisone stuff it says this 'Additional monitoring of your condition is needed if you are taking prednisone' Huh?
Whatever.
Needless to say I do not plan on taking the pred.I don't even know why I bought it. I thought the doc would maybe refer me to a dermatologists.. Nope. He said it could be stress and/or the cats..he really was not sure. I am sure the doc knows what he's doing..who am I to question a doc right? Wrong..I asked him about altering my diet and changing things in that respect and he said "Nah, don't bother"I even asked about any herbs/homeopathy,etc.. of course you know his answer.. It is so upsetting in my opinion that the docs that I have dealt with don't even consider other options..they just assume I want them to write out a script for some random pharmaceutical and have me be on my way.They won't even consider it..I assume they aren't trained in diet/herbs/etc. or perhaps they are, but so far the dr.s I have had blatently said no..don't even try herbs..like they know it won't work. So sad. Maybe I just haven't found the right doctor. Don't get me wrong, I totally respect (for the most part) the people who are in the medical field that care for those in need and was thankful to have them when I broke my ankle. Maybe I should look into a holistic practioner, but that is not covered in our insurance so we would have to shell out $100 just for the office visit..(I already checked). I did find a pediatrician that was OK about delayed vaccines and the like. It wasn't a total waste of $60, I mean I got everything checked out..blood wise that is. All good. I am not one to take medicines..anyone who knows me knows that I will try an alternative route first..and then if nothing works then do the conventional mumbo jumbo.
So I am starting to eliminate things to see what the hell is causing this..
I am cutting out dairy..well cutting back..I need my coffee creamer. I switched laundry detergents to a free and clear sensitive skin type..I am currently using rice dream instead of milk. I bought some Eczema Rescue from the health food store..which has Poke (anti-viral),Bloodroot (anti-fungal),St. Johns Wort (nerve-quelling), Arnica (wound healing) and a few others that I can't think of right now. I used it a few times and will continue today. I feel like I am turning into a giant red bump, because this is spreading..and its driving me batty. Hopefully I get some relief soon or I am gonna go nucking futs..

No comments: