Monday, November 26, 2007

Buzz Buzz, Honk Honk, Gobble Gobble

Wow its been forever since I had a chance to sit here and blog.
Lets see..

Oh yeah..the title of this blog..here's an update...


1). We took the kids to go see Bee Movie..I have a obsession with Jerry Seinfeld and the kids wanted to see it too. So off we went to the theaters..(mind you this is Jack's first time ever in a movie theater..we brought a bag of M&M's to bribe him in case he got restless...I know I know..we're the best parents ever!!)

And my final synopsis...

Biggest waste of fifty freaking bucks! (Yep..cost that much for a family of four plus the snack bar.. jumbo diet Pepsi for $4.50 and then there is the nasty ass popcorn we all shovel down mindlessly while watching the 72 thousand previews). Disappointment is putting it lightly...I mean hey its starring Jerry Seinfeld..its gotta be funny, right? Justin and I laughed maybe twice. It just was dull and lacking. I was so bummed. But I still love Jerry..and I still want the dvd set of Seinfeld..that's the only show that makes me laugh..(so hubs..if you're reading this..hint hint!)


Moving on..


2) The Mother Goose Parade...

was fun I guess if you like seeing your tween and a few friends go ga-ga over stuck up celebrities such as Jesse McCartney and Emily Osmit..both of them had their nose so high up and gave this half ass wave to the adoring fans. Pft..whatever.


And finally


3) Thanksgiving.. so totally rocked..besides the fact our family wasn't here, it was pretty tasty. I made more cheeseball, then I wanted to make pumpkin pie, but Justin hates that so I made Pumpkin Whoopie Pies..


Those were so good..and we are definitely making those again.

Then I made some herbed butter to baste the big guy with. I ordered a 24lb free range turkey from the health store down the way..

I chopped up some fresh rosemary, sage and thyme and mixed them in the melted butter, then stuffed the turkey with carrots celery onions and sprigs of thyme..


Yum.

I also have done lots of shopping from the comforts of my home. Thank goodness for amazon and Target.com..

Next weekend we are putting up the tree. Oh yeah..we bought Lily a new bed at Ikea..a double size, then got her the bedding she wants.


2 comments:

B said...

sounds like a great holiday.

sorry the movie sucked :/ is jack still obsessed with his stuffed bee? since you like jerry so much, i'll spare you the details of his whinney brother lol he used to be a client of mine at a place i worked at. bleck. oh well, i'm sure jerry's nice though.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Those look awesome!!! And the turkey too. I STILL have not seen the Bee movie. My little guy did though.