Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Just some randomness

The death weather finally rolled in around Friday..it was 106 in these parts. Sat and Sun. weren't much better either. But we were so happy when it finally cooled down in the evening..see..its only 101 outside in the shade.


We went and got Jack a haircut last week. He was very pleased with the result. He thinks he looks like a 'skateboard guy'. Here's a few shot with his hair..gosh could he suck any harder on this here straw? He is trying to get every last precious drop of his liquid gold.

It has been way too hot to cook. Last night I made a quick and simply dish called Cheeseburger Salad Deluxe. It was good, I had this at that pampered chef party I went to awhile back.
Ground hamburger mixed with ketchup, mustard, red onion, diced pickles,tomatoes, and cheese on top of lettuce. Totally low carb!! Also for croutons, you can get a hamburger bun and put it under the broiler for maybe 4-6 minutes or until crisp, then you cut it up and presto, homemade croutons..well sorta. I didn't have any hamburger buns but I did have 1,387 hot dog buns because we went to Costco Saturday..works just the same. Good eats!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great. That stuff about the weather is exactly what I FEARED!!! It's 70 and breezy here in B'ham. Cheers!

Sue Wilkey said...

Yikes - that's hot. How's the dieting going? I'm doing a weight meditation CD every day. Then I eat Doritos queso dip. Can't figure out why it's not working.

Kelly said...

Diet, shmiet..pft..I was jonesin' for something crunchy and I ate 3 cheeze-its instead of a stalk of that deliciously bland celery and I gained a pound..not to metion Aunt Flo stopped by to ruin my life.. so yeah hopefully better in a few days..
P.S. I love that dip..actually the one I eat is Tostidos cheese dip, probably the same thing..its seriously too damn good.