Monday, June 30, 2008

Yoga and the middle-aged, out- of -shape Mama

In between doing laundry, cleaning and waiting for another frog delivery(yes we had to order another one..bleh..) I decided to do me some yoga. Its seems like forever since I had time or the will to do anything.
I start off with Ardha-Chandrasana..aka Half Moon..that felt like my ribs were going to tear one by one and plop down right next to me on my yoga mat. Its all good. Then I try my hand at Gururesana aka Eagles Pose..(oh btw pardon spelling errors, I probably am not spelling the names of the asanas correctly and I am too lazy to look it up in my book.) Needless to say I fell on my ass and wouldn't you know there happen to be one of the thousands of Jack's hotwheels on the carpet. Great. Having the imprint of the Boss Hog Cadillac from the Dukes of Hazard on my calf is wicked fun.
Totally depressed and needing some encouragement, I attempt The Awkward Pose..its called something like Utkatasana or something I forget. I mean look at this..

They weren't joking when they named this gem. And to top it off, when I was in this ridiculous position for like 5 seconds trying to get my zen on, Salsa gets the grand idea to come over and bite my ass.
I decided to use my other book with master yogi.. Erick Schiffman..I've been doing this workout since way back when but its been like so long since I opened this book. I decided to try one of the positions that I used to do..
Who in their right mind can do this? I mean seriously folks. I suppose if you have no boobs its cake..
Ahhh..forget it, I quit..for now anyway..

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Yoga...oh that was the good ole' days (the days before kids and when I a had a decent figure). Who has the energy for yoga (or the strength)! That's why I meditate...it's physically easier (but finding the quite time is hard). Good luck with your practice...

Alice said...

You need to read one of those kooky apologetics sites about Yoga anyway or YOU'RE GONNA BURN IN HELL! Seriously and apparently Pokemon is the work of the devil too. I found it inadvertantly while looking up something about Pokemon and my eyeballs almost fell out of my head. Maybe I need to do a post about it.

Sue Wilkey said...

I just say no to yoga ...and pilates......and any other exercsie I suck at.

my2boyz said...

I started going to a yoga class 4 months ago and I LOVE IT! Yes it can be changelling at times, a lot of times but I feel great and My arms and legs are getting so toned! Don't give up.

Connie said...

I am the most unflexable person ever!

I want to yoga. I bought a mat and some pants. But it isn't meant to be.

Oh well, at least I look cool in my yoga pants!