Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Oh yeah, about last night

We took Lily to the dentist last night. We thought she was getting in a tooth. It was coming in in her gums and it was tender. Well right before we left I looked again in her little mouth and I diagnosed it as a canker sore..due to trauma in the mouth. I am the family doctor ya know.
When the Dr. looked in Lily's mouth at the area and said what she did I about fell on the floor. This is what she said and I quote.. "Looks like a canker sore due to some trauma to the mouth.." Damn I am good.
She proceeded with the exam and couldn't believe that this was Lily's very first dental visit and that she had zero cavities. She said whatever it is you are doing, keep it up. Its because I am totally mean and don't let my kids have candy or soda. Occasionally M&M's and chocolate, but that's pretty much it.
She wanted to put sealant in 4 of Lily's molars. That fills up the grooves that are in the tooth and suppose to prevent cavities. She told me its is liquid plastic, they paint it on and then they melt in in there with some special light and it hardens. Ewww..melted plastic...
Obviously we are doing fine..Lily had no cavities. I politely turned that down. I don't want weird plastic crap in her mouth.
While I was in there with Lily, the boys went to Target to get a few things. I instructed Justin to pick me up a new bra. I told him the size and get something pretty, because you know that other one broke and is unwearable, unless I want to be prodded in the boob with an aluminum wire. No thanks.
Of all the hundreds of bras in the lingerie department at Target..he picks out the exact same bra that just broke! haha What!?! The only difference is that he choose white, the other one was a pink-ish color. He told me Jack and him were in that department for 20 minutes wandering aimlessly around. Jack blurrted out very loudly.."Wow, look at all those booba's!!" Awww, that's my boy..hahaha

5 comments:

The Mom Jen said...

I sure hope you mean canker sore and not CANCER sore!! That so scared me!!

Kelly said...

OMG, I can't believe I did...thanks for pointing that out..that would absolutly scare the shit out of me too!! Guess I need a lesson in grammer..haha

Alice said...

You're so lucky! Unfortunately, BoyChild's got sealant and getting more since we've already been for fillings twice. It's got to be genetic because GirlChild is cavity free and they don't eat a lot of crap. I can't go through another filling with him (it was WAY traumatic for the both of us) so we get our next sealants on Friday. Hey...it's cheaper than the fillings.

Sue Wilkey said...

Whoa- you trust your husband to pick out a bra? I can't even trust my husband to get the right milk.

Anonymous said...

While I don't think Rachelle would ever send me to get her a bra, Jack's comment is much better than Isabelle's tantrum the last time we went shopping.

Kudos to Lily for no cavities!