Monday, June 30, 2008

Move over Mario Batali, Lily's in 'da house!!

Lily decided she wanted to make dinner the other night, sweet! I could definitely use the night off, that's for sure. After a few minutes of brainstorming, she came up with spaghetti and meatballs. Now your talking. I have made meatballs once when Lily was like 2..and they were totally gross to boot.
She gathered all the needed ingredients and off she went, like a little master chef, making a shitload of meatballs. That's my girl. :)

When those were finished, we put them in the oven and she got busy on the sauce. She added who knows what to the simmering red goodness and stood there watching over the pan and stirring every minute or so. I took the balls outta the oven and put them in the sauce. She continued to make the pasta and set the table. God, I could get use to this. Of course I did the 'dangerous' stuff like turning on the stove and taking items in and out of the oven..everything else was fair game. I sat at the table with a my trusty word search and a cocktail.
Time to eat..and man she made some killer sauce..tangy and savory..complete awesomeness.
I definitely need to get her in there more often, that is for sure.

In other news, our beloved "Tady" a.k.a. grow a frog..has moved on to another dimension. Unfortunately he died last week. It was awful. Who knew Lily had become so attached to him. She lost it...I mean really lost it..uncontrollable sobbing, begging Justin to bring back her frog, that he was so special and he was her friend. It was hard for me to hold back my own tears while watching her deal with this situation. While she went to get a Kleenex, Justin did the dumbest thing, he flushed him away down the toilet. I mean I would have done that too, however when you have kids its different and he should have known there would be a burial and funeral to attend. We ordered 2 more frogs...I am particularly not fond of this..I totally made it clear I want nothing to do with these creatures, I will not clean tanks, clean poo, whatever...I mean c'mon I have enough crap to do, butts to wipe, dog shit to shovel, food to prepare..and not in that order either.

And last but certainly not least, the bra issue.. ( if there is any males reading this you may want to close up and shop and go on Fantasy Football or something..this is boring and you really don't need to her about the bra saga..ciao!)
After what seemed like forever with bra issues, I finally have found the perfect bra. A neighbor and me are on this on going odyssey to 'find Kelly a proper bra that contains the girls' as she puts it. Last week she went and bought a couple of new ones from Sears. She came straight to my house before going upstairs and she hands it to me and says try it on. I look at the size and gasp laughing while spewing out some of the coffee I was drinking. Double D?!? You are crazy. I have never been that size. I have been wearing 36 D..plain and simple. I tried on this monstrosity that I thought it would be way to huge and oddly enough it fits..like perfectly. The most comfortable bra ever. Everything was properly contained, nothing overflowing the top or sneaking out the bottom, this bra totally rocked. And it was a 38dd. Dude!! The next day, off we went to Sears to get me some of that double d action. It is so hard to find a perfect bra. I know half of woman are wearing the wrong size..(according to the Oprah show anyway). Finally I am happy to say I have a proper bra..and the other plus? Its not ugly either..
God its pretty sad that I can ramble on and on about a bra..
My Mary Kay rep finally came and delivered the goods that I have been waiting for. Its so funny, she has a Mary Kay car.. that's too cute.

4 comments:

Alice said...

Great job with the cooking! I've been getting my kids to help me fold the neverending mountain of laundry.

And once I find a bra I like, I immediately go and buy as many as I can afford!

Caroline said...

Those meatballs look sooooo good! If only my kids would cook! Do you have the recipe? I am hungry now and I just ate lunch!

B said...

LOL @ the bra issue! I have the same "OMG,I'm NOT that size, you're kidding" moment every time I go bra shopping. I mean, I'm in disbelief bc in my head someone with THAT size should look way bigger than I look to myself. Oh well, girls are contained -- and that's awesome :)

What MK stuff did ya get? Did you get some of the new mineral stuff? That stuff excites me LOL

And those meatballs looks delish!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm not on a whole lot anymore...any free time is nap time. I've got another 3 1/2 weeks til the due date (July 23). No one seems to think I'll make it that far...we'll see. Other than that I'm just hot and miserable.

I've been such a slacker at keepin up with the blogs I love...

love ya!

Kelly said...

Alice- I am going back to drop some more $ on these bra's I will buy as many as I can get my hands on. You can't put a price on serious comfort. :)

B- I just order the day and night solution for now, and will get the satin hands next time. I also got a free eye shadow compact thingy with good earth tones colors. I haVen't tried the mineral stuff you speak of. Sounds neat. Miss you girl! Kisses!! Love ya!!

Caroline- I do indeed have a recipe... lemme know and I can email it to you or something. :) Thanks for stopping by, glad you came.