Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Perfect Peppers,Sucky Supper and Cool Kids..

I am a dork and tend to think fruit and vegetables as art..beautiful stuff. I realized shortly after purchasing these beauties that they are perfect peppers.. I was kinda sad to use them..they looked so good in my kitchen, but needless to say they were delightfully tasty.
And this piece of work took all day..seriously. I concocted a sort of Chicken Cacciatore type recipe and cooked it all day. Then made a batch of butter herbed penne. (Oh yeah once when I was at a friends house she was making Chicken Cacciatore I couldn't say it for the life of me and kept calling it kitchen cacciatore..and yes I was drinking, although it has a certain zing to it dontcha think?) The house smelled amazing, resembling that of a a tiny kitchen somewhere far off in a Italian village..well what I think it would smell like anyway. Spices, tangy, sweet and lovely. I put so much love into that stupid dinner and can you believe it had like NO flavor..Seriously..Nadda. No herbs from the penne, no pepper taste in the chicken-y thing. Zilch. That totally blows. I was so excited about my creation. Justin was a total smart ass and said something like 'Chef Ramsey would be so disappointed'
I , being snarky and irritated said "I would NEVER serve this to HIM..just to you guys!" Sounds mean I know..oh well I was pissed. Here is the tragic dinner.

I thought this was kinda amusing. We always eat pistachios. Looking on the back of the jar it says this..."contains pistachios" Really? I would never guessed that was in there. Weird.



Jack is trying to put his own clothes on. Thank god, because I am tired of doing that. One night while were were off in London..or maybe Rome doing a gig with the band(Rock Band) I told Jack to go put on his pj's. And this is what he does..look closely and you'll see that there is 3 pairs of bottoms on totally backwards too. the sponge bob ones, he has both legs in the of the openings. We all got a good laugh outta that. Lily..she is a regular fashionista.. just look at what she picks out. Damn girl, she has better fashion sense than I do!Why is it that you think its OK to buy your kids clothes all the time, but when you you are in dire need of a new bra you go buy your kids more shoes?? Its OK to spend $14.99 on a blouse for your tween, but $20 on a pair of jeans for mom..that is just blasphemy. One day I will buy me clothes and feel no guilt. :)

No comments: