Monday, January 7, 2008

Back To Routine

Lily is finally back in school. We are glad..she was starting to go a bit nuts in the house..its been raining for about 5 days straight. When shes in school I can get somewhat of a routine with Jack. I know kids thrive on consistency. School breaks and summer are hard sometimes because schedules are out the window. Jack and Lily are so different. When Lily was Jacks age..we played with her of course, but alot of the time she entertained herself..she would go in her room and gather all sorts of toys and brought them out and just played..by herself. For at least an hour, sometimes even longer until she was hungry or needed another direction. Jack..he is so clingy..he says he can't play by himself. He constantly needs to be tended too. But one time last week..it was one of those days..and I told him to just play by himself, that I was not going to play with him right now. And sure enough he went to his room, gathered toys and played right here in the living room. It was awesome. Justin says everyday I should make some time just for me and tell Jack its Mommy time now, you need to play by yourself. Brilliant! I will do this after lunch so he won't be hungry. And I will let myself have an hour. Just for me..For whatever. Reading. Blogging. Watching trashy TV, whatever I fancy. Currently Jack is watching Shrek2..its his current favorite . He loves Puss In Boots. I went to Walgreen's this morning to by Lily a food jar for lunch. I bough a stainless steel one, keeps food hot or cold. Its small so it will fit in her lunch tote perfectly. I am sick of sandwiches for her so I can give her hot soup, leftovers, whatever. She'll love that.

1 comment:

B said...

I wish Adrien understood "Mommy time".

Maybe it's a boy thing.

So glad for you though! :)