Friday, January 25, 2008

Somewhere over the rainbow...

Its been raining here for a few days. Justin had called me the other day after he left for work and told me to take the kids outside to see a magnificent rainbow. I took a picture of it, but the photo doesn't do it justice. Beautiful.I made up some Italian Parmesan Chicken yesterday for supper and it was good. Lily said it tasted like KFC..I also paired it with some Parmesan Couscous and steamed broccoli to round out the meal. Jack has been very picky lately and not eating his veggies. He used to LOVE broccoli and eat green beans by the handful (from a can, but hey, its still veggies) and lately he is ridiculously picky..and ultimately I have to use the old.."You're not excused until you take this many bites of your greens." I have even done the "Eat your veggies and you can have desert" Lily, shes pretty good, although she hates peas, green beans, watermelon, cantaloupe. I can't believe she doesn't like watermelon. I thought any offspring of mine would gobble it like it was going out of style. I love watermelon. Jack and I will eat a whole one together in the summer months. Love that stuff.
I have been a cleaning fanatic lately. Scrubbing, scouring, mopping..you get the picture. Jack wanted to help so I had him wash some dishes. Just his plastic cups and bowls. He loved it and said he wants to do that all night! Ha! I am teaching him early! Woot!!

1 comment:

B said...

OMG your dinner looks so great! I'm STARVING after my little day of stomach flu. On top of it, I just tortured myself with three episodes of Paula Deen I'd TiVo'd...

"Tastes like KFC" is totally a compliment LOL

And way to go gettin' Jack on the cleaning train so early on. He can come to my house and do that all night ANY TIME! I'll buy the plane ticket LOL