Friday, January 18, 2008

Desperately Seeking Mama (for a make-over)

Jack is occupied at the moment..playing Super Smash Bros. on the Nintendo Gamecube. I can't believe he knows how to play video games..at 3.. it has to be in his blood..same with Lily. Speaking of Lily, she was pissed this morning because Jack kicked her butt in that game. Haha
We did flashcards this morning and ventured to the backyard where I consumed a ridiculous amount of coffee and Jack made me a mud birthday cake w/ sprinkles of twigs and stuff.
This weekend is one I am so looking forward to. Tomorrow is date night with Justin, still not sure what we are going to do..I want to go to here , Justin wants to go see Cloverfield..either way I am just glad to go out for a few hours without kids.
And Sunday..the Charger game against the Patriots...
I have been in such a funk lately. I despise winter. I am a summer person. I have been living in sweatshirts and my gnome pj bottoms for what seems like months. My legs are actually blinding me and my hair is dull and the lamest shade of mousy blah brown. When walking down the street I secretly pray someone sees me from one of those make-over shows and snatches me and tell me how I am in dire need of an extreme make-over. No such luck...
I am 30 and I desperately need a new look...seriously I have looked the same since I was fresh outta high school..except with the extra bonus pounds that keep lingering around. Not sure what I should do. I don't want to cut my hair, I look terrible with short hair, not to mention my hair is so insanely thick that if I did cut it short (which I have in the past) it poofs out and I have a mushroom-ish do and look like a oompa loompa . Perhaps a new color..yeah..that sounds good..and new clothes...and , and..soft, supple skin...and..and...

1 comment:

B said...

hey if they do snatch you off the street for a makeover, recommend they come to dallas next...specifically my house.

dying your hair would help out. totally. or even just getting some itsy bitsy highlights.

sorry about the chargers. i was rooting for them too after the cowboys were knocked out. i hate NE.

LOVE benihana, btw. we went last year for valentine's day. it's a little expensive, but well worth it. i didn't know when we went that i was starting to get the flu, but their green tea was wonderful for my sore throat. hope you had fun!