Thursday, January 17, 2008

This Daughter of Mine...

Lily came home from school yesterday and had a snack and we talked about her day..you know..normal stuff. Than she was headed to her room when she asked where her class picture was. No clue I told her. A few minutes went by and I walked back there to help her find it. Apparently she already did. There were two pictures cut out of it. Why did you do that? Who did you cut out of that? I was a little pissed becasuse I paid money for that and I didn't want her to ruin it, not to mention that was her only one. At a closer look, I realized she cut herself out...and someone else. Troy. A boy named Troy..and a cutie pie at that. This boy has a crush on Lily she informed me and the feeling is mutual. In third grade. Wow. So she then got both pictures and taped them inside the locker. For Christmas one of my tenants got her this cute miniature pink High School Musical locker with a lock and a key. Its decorated with stickers from the cast of the movie and music notes and whatnots. A few days ago she woke in the morning chipper as can be and letting me and her dad know she had the best dream, ever. I figured it was about puppies, or unicorns or Hannah Montana..boy I was wrong. I asked her what it was and she turned beet red and started shaking her head no. Finally she told me it was about Troy. Coincidentally that's the dudes name in High School Musical.(aka Zach Efron) And there was smooching involved! In the dream that is. Remember how I struggle with her and how damn picky she is w/clothes. Well lately..(meaning that last 3 days) she wants new hair do's, wants to wear eye shadow and gloss, (gloss was ok..shadow, not a chance). It all makes sense now. Last night after her shower I put in a million tiny braids so her hair would be wavy for school. She picked out a totally cute outfit and she was so happy!

1 comment:

B said...

Oh my. Quite the little crush she's got LOL

Do girls really grow up this fast these days? Maybe I don't want a girl after all LOL

BTW, her hair does look great. Way to go Mom!