Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hormonal tween and kick-ass coffee

Let's start with the good stuff first. I started having coffee again. I know, I know I said I was done, but I came across vanilla nut cream beans at Albertsons and omg is it so good. I add creme brule creamer and I can say with no hesitation that it is hands down the best java I have had. Love it. I look forward to waking up and inhaling the aroma that drifts through to my bedroom. Ahhh...love...
Now, the not so good...
I don't know what the heck is going on with Lily, but lately she has been having some sort of breakdown every day and of course it results in some hysterical crying episode. Like last night for instance..I had made a yummy dinner..(I thought so anyway) I made beef and veggie stir-fry..(mind you we have had this plenty of times before). It consisted of the following, beef, rice, garlic, shredded carrots, broccoli, snow peas, shredded red and purple cabbage, and scallions. Justin got home around 430 and I gathered the kids and we sat down for a nice family supper. NOT!!!
I put a bowl of hot steamy delishishness in front of my daughter and she says how gross it is. She had not even taken a bite yet. Not to mention I can't count the times she has had this before and loved it. Whatever. Then outta no where the sobbing begins along with a generous helping of whining how she wasn't going to eat this and how nasty it was..I am sure there were other things, but I couldn't make it out. Justin and I choose to ignore this and chat. I asked how his day was and he started to answer and I couldn't hear because she started screaming bloody murder at the top of her lungs..louder and louder. I couldn't even hear Justin and he was across the table from me. Jack said something that made us laugh and pissed off Lily. He said "Mom go get the camera" He wanted me to document this outburst so she can see how retarded it all is. I thought she would jump across the table and strangle him! Meantime I was gritting my teeth trying to ignore this, but it took all I had not to take her whiny ass and throw her in a corner, nose against the wall. Fast forward five or six minutes (the longest five or six minutes of my life) and we couldn't take it anymore. Justin finally got up and spanked her hiney. Then informed her she would sit there all night until she ate her supper. I am not a short order cook, I make one meal and if you don't eat..fine, try again later..but I am not making separate dishes for everyone. Miraculously, she finished her bowl of stir fry and was sent to her room. Justin and I felt so drained after that ordeal.
After awhile I put her to work. She cleaned her room, top to bottom, then I made her tidy Jack's room, and after that, I gave her some all purpose cleaner we had (7Th generation brand, I let her use that..granted it doesn't do as good as say Windex or Lysol, but at least she is using something safe) and off she went to clean the front bathroom..a.k.a. the kids bathroom.
Brand new day..this morning she said she missed talking to us last night..as after her cleaning she read and I sent her to bed.
So yeah, last night sucked. Today..not so bad.. still somewhat attitudey(is that a word?) But I guess that's a tween for ya. Its so weird to see my girl act this way. She is the sweetest little girl and so compassionate and kind, i hate to see her in trouble and act so poorly. A friend of mine took her daughter to the doc for something and they got to talking and the doc had informed her that her daughter was going through puberty..the little girl already wears a training bra(the said child is very thin, but developing in the chest) and she wears deodorant..and she is 9 freaking years old!!! That is crazy!! I wonder if this early puberty has anything to do with all the hormones and stuff in food? Scary.

2 comments:

B said...

okay, i'm soooo sorry for you! i got stressed just reading about the situation!

the hormones just scare the poop out of me. my cousin started her period when he was 8! can you imagine! i read something in my vegan book that said teenage girls a hundred years ago generally didn't start puberty until an average age of 17...and today it's so much earlier than that. it just boggles my mind!

btw, i was wanting to know what your thoughts on the whole cloned meat debate is. personally, i prefer "original" meat.

B said...

OH! and btw, i forgot in my last comment: but i'm so glad you're back to the "dark" side lol...coffee that is.