Thursday, January 17, 2008

Clone Wars...

All over the news this week is cloned meat and how the FDA has approved it and that it is safe to eat. Also, when you buy any meat in the store, you will not know whether you are getting cloned or original meat because it is not mandatory to label anything on the package. More reason to buy organic meats and milk. We only purchase organic milk..however, the meat, no because it is outlandishly expensive. I try to get 'natural' labeled meat, but even that is not necessarily safe these days. But do we really need to put a price on the health of our children and ourselves? I want to order meat from Wholesome Harvest so we'll figure a way. Want to read more go here.
In other news..Jack's current favorite flick these days is none other than Napoleon Dynamite..haha!

1 comment:

B said...

Love that movie! I want to get a llama and name it Tina.

On the meat subject: It just freaks me out. FREAKS. me. out. And why would it be so hard to label the meat with "possibly from cloned animals" or some crap. I mean, if the company participates, they should just throw a little extra symbol on the package or something. Would it be THAT hard? Apparently so. I guess I'll start going to Whole Foods once a month for meat now.

There goes my life savings.