Friday, January 18, 2008

Wingin' It...

Tonight I made up some recipes. I thought it would be neat to make lasagna roll ups. I actually saw something similar on a Olive Garden commercial. I call it 'herbed turkey lasagna roll-ups' They were pretty tasty..although I think I used to much thyme..(I'm not the measuring kinda gal, I rarely use measuring spoons and/or cups). Here is a step by step picturama of what they looked like. Enjoy..I'll wait here until your done..


Moving on....No meal is complete without desert. Even though not in season, I was craving peaches and berries.. so I made something I call 'Peach Strawberry Crumble Pie- Tart Thingy' What a combo. The sweetness from the strawberries and the tartness from those peaches was like a taste explosion in my mouth. Although it didn't look pretty when all said done, it sure was tasty. I made a crumble of butter, brown sugar and flour to put on the top...I used frozen peaches and berries..to them I added sugar, flour and some lemon juice. Then threw all that in a graham cracker crust. I only baked it for maybe 40 minutes. It was good, a wee bit liquidy... but tasty nonetheless.


Oh yeah..also made a drink we saw from the best ever show Sam The Cooking Guy..we mixed some champagne with some pomegranate juice and then a squeeze of fresh lemon. Nice..although it brought me back to the early high school days when my friends and I would drink Boone's Strawberry Hill, the taste is very similar, but without that cheap malty taste...

2 comments:

B said...

OH GOSH. Boone's! What a throw back lol Looks tasty!

B said...

OH I forgot to tell you -- I went to Olive Garden with my mom and she actually ordered that Lasagna Rollatini stuff...you're looks SOOOOOOOOOO much more appetizing! :) Theirs has too much cheese and too little sauce.