Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Stress...

Finally I went out briefly Thursday of last week. God..I was having one of those days when the kids are acting like little shits and they always come running to me..If I heard Jack scream at the top of his lungs "MOM!!!" one more fucking time I was gonna lose my shit ya know. And Lily..every little thing Jack does to annoy the piss outta her, she also has to holler.."MOM!!!"
Bugs me that their Dad is here too and yet its ALWAYS me. So I phoned a friend and out we went. Unfortunately it wasn't to a dark bar like I had hoped as she had to bring her daughter along, so we settled for Starbucks where I nestled in and drank my chai. Talked and I was able to vent. It was good.
Things have been better, but I swear last week couldn't suck anymore ass.
Yesterday i had a terrific day with Jack. I don't recall him having a tantrum. It was nice to sorta have a schedule while Lily was out in class. I even told him to nap and *gasp* he did!!
This weekend we are heading up to Matt's house (Justin's boss) to watch the playoff game. Chargers will be playing the Colts. Not sure whats up for Sat. maybe the zoo or something. I gotta get outta here..its been too long..we didn't do anything fun for 2 weeks because we were all sick puking and all. Fun.
Its sunny today and I love it. I am so ready for spring/summer. I wanna bbq by the pool and lay in the sun. I miss the summer and wearing shorts and tank tops. Kids running around barefoot and smelling like the sunblock we use,water babies I think..its the quintessential sent of summer, that and the aroma of bbq's grilling burgers and dogs. I am still doing good and hopefully when the time rolls around to pick out some swimwear I will actually wear something. I want to wear little board shorts and a bikini top..I wore something like that last summer, but w/ a shirt over the top and I didn't have board shorts..it was just regular cotton shorts.
I bought another herb garden kit this morning and I planed chives, cilantro, basil and dill. They are in the little terra cotta pots on a over the sink shelf in the kitchen right under the window. I love that I have done this before and to have fresh herbs at my fingertips was awesome. So much better than the stuff in a jar. Tonight I am making Jack's favorite dish, Beef Stroganof..and I will save some leftovers for Lily's lunch tomorrow. I bought her that stainless steel food jar and it will keep her stuff hot. She is quite excited about that. That's it from me. Enjoy your Tuesday!

1 comment:

B said...

I hate those days! Good for you for removing yourself from the situation.

I love beef stroganoff. We had it the other night, actually! Hope it turned out good for you! It's such a great comfort food.