Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Thats a boy for ya...

I have started to do more and more schooling with Jack. And let me tell you it is way different this time. Lily was so excited about it and really wanted to do it. Jack..he doesn't want to, gets all fidgety, and distracted. He will do some and then ask if he can be done now. He has absolutely no interest in sitting down and learning something. Granted he's 3 1/2 but still, at that age Lily was reading Dick and Jane. I know I shouldn't compare the two..and really I just want him to sit still for five seconds and absorb what I am teaching. I finally did figure out something he like. I wrote out the alphabet using a dot-to-dot format and he LOVED to trace over it. He did the whole thing. I was impressed..then of course he asked ever so sweetly "OK that's it, now for some Nintendo?!?" Ha!

1 comment:

B said...

LOL Definitely a boy's attitude.

One part of me gloats about it -- being female and all. I mean, of course it's nice to know we're more focused than our male counterparts, but the gloating kind of gets a little clouded once you have a son :/ Oh well. We love them for who they are -- fidgety and all haha