Friday, October 5, 2007

Autumn Chill

Today is absolutely glorious...brisk, super windy..the smell of smoke wafting through the air from fireplaces..leaves starting to change..delicious day. I love days like today.
1.Lily and I didn't argue this morning..woohoo!
2.Went to the market and bought lots goodies.
3.Helped a injured praying mantis off the sidewalk where he would eventually get smashed by someone and Jack and I re-located him in some foliage.
4.Wheels in my head are turning..thinking of all kinds of comfort food to make.
Already thinking of something interesting to cook for Thanksgiving..that is my favorite holiday by far..I get to do my thang in the kitchen and Justin gets to clean up the tornado of a mess I make..Love it!
Tonight we are going to Spirit..a Halloween store. Justin is sick of the current decor and wants to update. They will hopefully have some fall/autumn decor which I would like.
Update on my eczema..still there yo! Not going away. Like I thought it would. I am still so sceptical of his diagnosis..I have a re-check appointment on the 16th and when I go and if its still there (the eczema, which I know it will be) I will be demanding a referral to an allergist. I was talking to Justin last night and we may just save some cash and head to a holistic practitioner.
Oh one more thing before I go... The other night Jack was finishing up going pee..Justin and I were in the kitchen..and we heard Jack coming out of the bathroom shouting the following " Oh my goodness..I have a big penis!" we turn around and look at our little man with his pants around his ankle and his undies pulled up but his wee wee hanging over the top. I so wish I had my camcorder at that very moment..that's the kinda stuff you show his girlfriend when she comes to the house..you know so we can embarrass him and all. We didn't get Jack circumcised either.. so he is always yanking his thing!

1 comment:

B said...

sorry about the eczema!

about the food: my friend sheila had a great idea she shared with me the other day. hollow out a pumpkin, fill it with some sort of hearty soup or stew (possible something involving squash) and then pour it in the pumpkin. put the pumpkin in the oven for a little bit prior to serving.

i thought that was the greatest idea since sliced bread! LOL she said when serving you can scrape the side of the pumpkin to get some of the flesh. yum :-D at that point i thought she was a culinary genius.