Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Diagnosis: Me...

I finally went to the dermatologist yesterday afternoon. Yep. Eczema. Ok. What gives? I told him how the original GP Dr. I saw said it was from stress..and the derm Dr chuckled..and he said if that were the case we'd all have eczema. What happened was there was a insect bite..ok..then I scratched it..and scratched and that started the eczema! From my scratching!?! WHOA! You mean to tell me I did this to myself?
Yep.
I have had bug bites in the past and they were itchy and it never resulted in eczema. I told him how Jack was diagnosed with 'environmental sensitivities' (basically I don't think the pediatrician had any idea what was wrong so he gave Jack that label). I asked him if I could have sensitivities too and he said not from outside because everyone is outside in nature..HOWEVER..your inside home, that's a different story. Yikes.
He did a culture swab on one of the open sores I had on my leg and gave me a steroid shot in the butt (I sound manly this morning..haha, j/k) and he gave me some crazy antibiotic like penicillin but it starts with a D just in case the culture comes back and I could have an infection. Just to be on the safe side. Oh yeah and I bought some Eucerin cream.
Yeah. So, all this drama stems from my itching. Nice. And all this itching stems from a freaking flea. Nice. And they were moved in way before I had the cats. They are chillin in the back yard after they hop off the couriers...the possum, the coon, the skunks..etc. Nice.

3 comments:

Rantings by a Middle Aged Drama Queen said...

As I was reading this I was scratching my arms, now I want to go put socks on my hands! :) Why must you scare me soooooo Kelly? I hope everything starts going "back to normal" now that you have been diagnosed.

Kelly said...

I know what you mean..Justin had sympathy itching for awhile..haha
I still think its odd that all the sudden I get eczema from scratching..I have had bites before and scratched and no eczema. Weird. Now I am so paranoid there is something in my house, just like the dr. suggested. How the heck am I suppose to find out if I am allergic to something in my house?!?

B said...

oh seriously. well at least you got an answer! :-D

i've had some bug bites i got on vacation (so long ago) and they still itch. now i'm paranoid that i'll get eczema from scratching them LOL