Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fantastic Flank




Last night I tried out a new recipe called Flank Steak with Balsamic Bacon Glaze. Sounds ritzy I know. These days we are in love with Flank. We use it so many different ways. The only thing I didn't like was the smell of the balsamic vinegar. I was reducing it down to a thick glaze and the whole house stunk. But oh my gosh..so good. Its this delicious grilled flank..than you use a pastry brush and lightly (and seriously don't use too much) brush the glaze over the the meat. Then you sprinkle crunchy bacon pieces over the top than garnish it with scallions. After I cooked the bacon I left some bacon drippings in the pan and a few crumbled pieces of bacon..then I poured in about a half cup of good aged balsamic vinegar to render up all the goodness at the bottom of the skillet..then I added half a cup of beef broth that was mixed with 2 tsps. of corn starch. Let that cook for awhile until thickened and reduced and presto..a glaze. Justin wants me to make this again. Very delicate flavors and great different textures..We gave this an enthusiastic thumbs up!

1 comment:

B said...

anything with bacon gets my vote :)