Thursday, October 4, 2007

Ditched and left high and dry..

Today Jack and I were working on the alphabet..writing the letters, etc. I make up little catchy phrases that he repeats as he is writing them, for example..letter A is " Up, Down, Across", and B is "Line, Bump Bump" Ok yeah I am dorky like that, but hey whatever works right?
As were were in the middle of B he turned his head in the direction of Rachael Rays TV show..I think its called Everyday w/ Rachael Ray or something..any way he does not like that show.(as its not all cooking).but it came to the part of the show where she cooks something and he jumps up straight ,yells "she's cooking now, she's cooking now" and ditched me and our schooling to go spend some quality time w/ his girl. Totally my fault for having the TV on during our 'learning time' but hey..you have to think like a 3 year old..and weigh your options..alphabet with mama or oh la la Rachael Ray and all her spices (yes, Jack notices her rack..spice rack that is..c'mon get your mind outta the gutter sheesh! lol)
Lily and I argues again this morning..shocking I know. I hate days when this happens. She wants to pick out her own clothes..thats all fine and dandy..however..she picks out her old, wrinkly after school play clothes when she has brand new items hanging in her closet. And when I ask her about this she replies she doesn't like any of it! What! Shes the one who picked it all out when we went shopping! What gives?! Oh and her hair..lol thats another story. I like to fix her hair and put cutesy ribbons and/or bows in it..but she likes it down..whatever, its your hair..at least just brush it. Besides on the rare occasion she does let me fix it..it is only allowed to be in a pony tail..not high..very low. But whats the point because when she comes home from school its out..as she takes it down when she gets to class. Anyway..she does brush her hair, however, she stops mid way due to a tangle and then goes back to the top leaving a huge tangled up mess in the middle of her hair and it poofs out so much. God forbid I do it because she will cry and then say I am doing it on purpose. Sigh..I know I should pick my battles..really I do, but can't there be some sort of compromise? Picking the outfit out the night before..done that..pointless because she changes her mind in the morning. I am at a loss. I am just going to not care anymore and make sure she has her teeth brushed and her homework. A teacher at school told my friend that the parents should not bring them their homework if they forget it..or to keep reminding them to study for a test..that they are old enough to do so and if they don't then they will have to face the consequence and receive a bad grade or whatever. hmm..not sure I totally agree with that, but I am getting to that point.
Growing up, my mother picked out my clothes and fixed my hair every morning..I never thought to question her.
I am turning into my mother which I swore i would be the total opposite and strive to not be the way she was. Justin says I have been all over Lily and riding her too hard. But c'mon, he doesn't make sure she does her homework..or study..not to mention he could give a shit if she had any chores or responsibilities..I do. I think she should. Shes 8 and old enough to make her bed..help around the house, etc. Justin says just to lay off. Whatever.
I am just venting and AF is just about to come knocking on my door. Blah...

1 comment:

B said...

it's times like this that i'm glad i just have a boy -- at this point.

why do i want a girl, again? LOL