Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Thoughts...

I have been thinking about this whole job issue alot lately. We are totally fine financially without me working. The only reason I wanted to work was to have the extra for furniture I want and other material things. What is wrong with me? Sure it would be nice to have a new coffee table, and hey a new dining set would so rock..but really, how materialistic can I be? Not to mention..whatever job I did, I would work from 5 to probably about 10 I would guess and Justin would have to come pick me up because I am not walking home that late, then he would have to wake the children. Jack won't go to sleep without me...I have a tuck-in routine with Lily..and other things..like..HELLO..I cook...not Justin...he says sure he would make dinner, but c'mon..its not like he would cut up vegetable to steam or anything like that. Dinner is my thing. I would miss it. Maybe I could make the dinner early and then they would have it to eat together, but then I would miss out on that too, and that stinks. I am not sure what I should do. The extra $ would be so nice..the money I make would be just fun money. Is it really worth it?? I do need to work no matter what since we plan on getting my car next year..but the question is when should I start? And what if no one will hire me? I have a letter of recommendation from the previous employer..(Hallmark) Too many questions..too many thoughts racing through my head.. feelings of total guilt for wanting more when I have everything I could ever want. God, i need some coffee. I am going to Blockbuster to get Transformers at 10 and I could apply then, however I don't Jack would be too happy.

3 comments:

B said...

aw. well, i whatever you decide you have to be happy with it. if you really want to go back to work, go. if not, don't. i know it's not that cut and dry...but it sounds nice :)

it's not materialistic to want things, it's normal.

someone asked me today when i was going back to work: never, i said. i hate working. it sounds horribly lazy, but its' true. i hate being under someone else's rule. i HATE it. blah. plus, i'm too much of a control freak with adrien LOL

good luck though. glad the eucerin worked!

Rantings by a Middle Aged Drama Queen said...

I think the idea of going back to work sounds good at first and then the more you think........all the things you may miss........you start to rethink if it is all worth it.

Kelly said...

I so hear ya! I decided not to go back to work. At least not until Jack is in school, and thats even a maybe too, because we may try the homeschooling route again. But the thought of missing the dinner talks, the baths, the tuck-ins, just breaks my heart,